Job opportunity: Human Resources Manager
Aspen View Public Schools is a rural school division with a mission to engage learning, ignite potential and inspire success. The Division is comprised of approximately 2800 students and 500 employees in 10 schools, 3 outreach schools and 4 Hutterite colonies.
Aspen View Public Schools requires a Human Resources Manager to provide support in producing and managing positive employer-to-employee relationships through the recruitment and selection process and ongoing employee management. This position is located in the division office in Athabasca, Alberta and reports directly to the Superintendent of Schools.
The key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the development of policies, administrative procedures and processes for the Human Resources department.
- Assisting the Superintendent in ensuring consistency and compliance to the School Act; Provincial and Federal legislation; Board policy and procedures; and applicable collective agreements.
- Administering and directing the recruitment process by collaborating with appropriate administration in identifying job requirements and staffing qualifications; developing job descriptions; as well as creating and posting job competitions.
- Assisting with short-listing and scheduling of interviews and attending interviews as required.
- Developing orientation and onboarding processes and checklists.
- Preparing job offer documents and communicating effectively with successful candidates on the terms and conditions of employment.
- Assisting with the development of evaluation practices and procedures for all staff.
- Supervision of payroll department.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Diploma related to Human Resource Management
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) designation
- Demonstrated ability to deal with multiple priorities in an efficient and timely manner.
- Advanced communication skills, both oral and written
Submit Resumes to Aspen View Human Resources in Microsoft Word or PDF format by 4:00 PM on August 30, 2019 with three professional references. A current criminal records check with be required prior to the commencement of employment.
Competition Number: DO201910
We appreciate interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aspen View Public School Division No. 78
E‐Mail – email@example.com